Still not using Facebook advertising? Start now.
Facebook Collection Ads are a relatively new form of Facebook advertising that offers a unique advertising experience on this platform. But let’s start with some general numbers.
In 2019, Facebook Ads had over 7 million advertisers worldwide coming from all industries you can imagine. It seems that everyone finally recognized the opportunity of relatively cheap advertising compared to some more traditional channels.
But, as you can imagine, the game became a bit harder with such a high number of advertisers. As a result, some businesses are still struggling to find the perfect way of advertising on this social media network.
Another reason for the struggle is that Facebook has become an extremely competitive marketplace for Ads. One can say it is even oversaturated with all the different ones, popping left and right when scrolling through your Newsfeed.
Because of that, it is catching the attention of your target audience can be challenging. A lot of Facebook users are annoyed by constant Ads bombarding. Some will even skip Ads that may be interesting to them otherwise. The solution to this problem might be Facebook collection ads.
Create interactive ads and catch the user’s attention.
What are Facebook collection ads?
There are two most important things to know if you haven’t yet heard about Facebook Collection ads.
- They are a mobile-only ad format.
- They have incredibly high engagement and conversion rates due to their interactive nature.
This is amazing when considering how traditionally, mobile conversions are much harder to achieve compared to desktop ones. This is exactly why brands should seriously consider trying out this form of Facebook advertising. Yet, it is still not used as much as a classic Facebook picture, video, or carousel post.
Facebook Collections are also particularly useful for online retailers because they can easily showcase a large selection of their products.
How do they exactly look? Collection ads feature an introductory video or image above several smaller images. Even though you can only use pictures, we recommend using a video as a feature to increase the engagement rate even more. When you click on one of the pictures, it takes you to a specially created interface that perfectly showcases products.
If you want to proceed and buy the product, one click is everything you need to do. It will take you directly to the webshop cart page, where you can pay for the item. Indeed simple, easy, and user friendly.
If you’re looking for the proper specifications, which you need to follow for the ad to display correctly on mobile, check the Adespresso article Facebook Carousel Ads and Facebook Collection Ads: the Powerhouse Combo.
Why use this form of Facebook Ads?
Even though 93% of Facebook’s advertising revenue in 2019. came from mobile and mobile currently holds the largest share of online traffic with 53% of all Internet usage, it still has weaker conversion rates than desktop.
Why is that so? Well, it is not too surprising considering that online users usually research products on desktop as it offers a broader screen—a greater sense of security when paying. Also, many companies don’t invest in mobile-friendly websites, making it hard for the user to navigate it fast and easily via phone.
Because of all of this, mobile has a high percentage of usage but a low conversion rate. The Facebook collection offers a great solution to this problem. It provides the user with a new, more interactive and also, a more user-friendly experience.
Multiple case studies have proven that Facebook Collection Ads have incredibly high-converting potential. Even though they’re a mobile-only format. Sephora or Audi case studies are notable examples of how to include them into your brand’s digital marketing strategy.
Tips and Tricks when using Facebook collection ads
Now let’s get to the practical part of creating collection Ads and using the best practices. The best step by step guide for making these kinds of Ads in Ads manager is available via Facebook for business here. On the link, you’ll find helpful information about the process of creating the Ads.
Advice to take into account when creating the ads
- Always create themed ads that will make sense to a user. It is better to reach a targeted niche audience than try and reach absolutely everyone on Facebook. So, let’s say you’re a clothing brand. Don’t push all your products in one ad with no sense whatsoever. Instead, try and put them in collections as the Ad name itself suggests or apply them. For example, beach accessories, occasion dresses, or gym clothes. You get it.
- Choose the right timing. What does it mean? Showcase seasonal products at the right time. For example, don’t try and advertise sales of winter coats during summer. This might be a great catch, but people probably won’t buy it in July. On the other hand, if you put up a carefully created Ad for perfect winter gloves during the heaviest snow down of the year, we’re sure your sales conversions will go through the roof. So sometimes, a bit of predictability is a good thing.
- Video content has been a hot thing on social media for quite some time now. It is already known that it reaches much more audiences than regular pictures, so we recommend using it when creating Collection ads. A video allows the user to get to know and visualize the product better. So, don’t miss this opportunity.
- UGC is a form of content that is always recommended to incorporate into your social media strategy. It can help you create a stronger bond with your audience and create more credibility for your brand. Many customers trust other customers’ recommendations more than brand statements or influencer reviews. So naturally, including UGC into your Collection Ads can make them much more relatable and stronger. It is an advertising strategy to consider.
If you need some more inspiration on being more interactive on your social media channels, read our article Social media engagement – how to get it?
Rules of creating Facebook Collection Ads
Try it out
The collection ads a real valuable Facebook advertising tool if used correctly. They can be highly engaging, interactive and produce considerably more conversions than regular Facebook Ads.
If you do any e-commerce, we strongly heartily recommend you try out this way of advertising. Test its possibilities while it is still not so known and expected. And when you do, get back to us with the results.
To find out more about Facebook advertising, read our recent blogpost Demographics vs intent targeted advertising – which is more important?