In this phase – Launch phase, it is time for launching a project in a web design agency. There are few fundamental blocks I would like to mention.
- It is a time for disabling “discourage search engines.”
- Build a sitemap for search engines – SEO important.
- Test your robots.txt with robots.txt tester: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6062598?hl=en
Data and documentation transfer
Within our agency, we usually have all our passwords in our password manager app. However, you should send the following data to your clients as well:
- Login name and password for CMS
- Cpanel information
- Info about hosting and plugins/ and other 3rd party elements expiration date.
Education & training
- We’re always sending tutorials to our clients before training about CMS. It is essential that a client takes time before the live practice.
- In the next step, when the client is prepared, you have to organize a live training (video call or in your office) about CMS and how to use.
- We use https://managewp.com to manage our websites, and we look after Themes & plugins, backups, safe updates, security check, performance check, and other things. On the market you can find some other solutions, but this is the best for our clients and for us.
For other types of projects, we use our management tool productive.io and some other apps.
- Every month, we prepare reports for our clients about website status. Check this example.
- One important rule when we talk about WordPress projects and maintenance: The client is not allowed to install other plugins not approved by our team. In that case, we are not obliged to support this site if anything goes wrong. One bad plugin can crash the entire system. We have 3rd party plugins and companies that are verified by us, and those are the only ones we can guarantee for.
Helm, Warp One Engage!
- Web development project management: Basic terminology for agencies and all beginners
- Web development project management: Tools and how to use them
- Web development project management: Offer preparation & agreement about processes
- How to organize a project in a web design agency
- Most common issues during web development projects and how to prevent them
- Communication with clients during web design projects and how to protect both sides
- Pre-launch phase of web design project